Designed specifically for administrators, this course teaches how to successfully install, configure, and manage an ArcGIS for Server system that enables GIS content sharing across the enterprise. You will learn the ArcGIS for Server architecture and practice applying recommended workflows to configure ArcGIS Server sites and manage GIS services, applications, and users. Techniques and best practices to ensure system performance and security are emphasized.
Who Should Attend
IT administrators, system administrators, GIS web administrators, and others responsible for installing, managing, or supporting an ArcGIS for Server system
After completion of this course you will be able to:
• Successfully install ArcGIS for Server and create an ArcGIS Server site.
• Configure the Web Adaptor component to integrate your ArcGIS server with a web server.
• Publish services that have the capabilities required for your applications.
• Plan, create, and update a cache for high-performing map and image services.
• Tune and monitor services to ensure high performance.
• Implement security for your site and services that meets the needs of your organization.
Completion of ArcGIS 4: Sharing Content on the Web or equivalent knowledge is required.
• Installing ArcGIS for Server
• Creating an ArcGIS Server site
• Controlling access to your ArcGIS Server site
• Configuring the Web Adaptor
• Managing service resources
• Configuring service capabilities
• Tuning services
• Creating and updating a cache for map and image services
• Securing services
• Building a multi-node site
• Backups and restores
• Securing your ArcGIS Server site
• ArcGIS for Server platforms