This course covers GIS system architecture design strategies and infrastructure architecture patterns that support successful enterprise operations. Learn comprehensive guidelines for planning and selecting the system solution to meet your organization’s needs. This course also covers performance validation and system capacity planning techniques for enterprise GIS deployments.
Who Should Attend
GIS Technical Leads, System Administrators, &GIS Managers
After completion of this course you will be able to:
• Define user workflow requirements and software deployment patterns.
• Recognize system design factors that impact GIS software performance and scalability.
• Incorporate security best practices throughout system design and deployment.
• Identify a target IT platform and network solution that satisfies your peak system performance needs.
Review the System Design Strategies wiki site
• System design process
• GIS software technology
• Software performance
• Server software performance
• GIS data administration
• Network communications
• Platform performance
• Information security
• GIS product architecture
• Performance management
• System implementation